Sunday, October 16, 2011

My first taste of religious persecution

Last weekend, i met with close friends.
I have close friends who have a strong catholic faith.

They were surprised to find out i have been a christian since last year.
They were like "What happened to you?!"
They kind of think i was held under a spell or something and that the church will just collect money from me. 
I was more surprised to see their reaction.

It saddens me.
I didnt want to start to debate with them that we are believing in the same God and Jesus Christ.
Oh, it was a terrible feeling :(

4 comments:

  1. Dont worry. Still many to come. =) But as long as you know the truth, and your are in the truth; You will have peace in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jamie! =)We all had the same experiences as a Christian. See Mathew 5:10-12 also in 1Peter 14 "Even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed! Keep seeking Christ alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Apple and Francis, Thanks for your words :) I admire both of you because you can do it together. I hope my time will come soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You tell them it is the best thing that ever happened to me -- that's what happened! Hihihi... Okey lang yun just focus on Jesus and how He died for you just so you could live life to the full.

    Also, just imagine this... Si Jesus nga pinersecute, si Jesus na yun ha! Tayo pa kaya. I pray that you will be the salt and the light among your friends (nasesense ko na kakilala ko tong mga friends mo tipong mga tiga SMMS hihihi)

    ReplyDelete